Dr Wilson and SPUD (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery) have been collaborating to bring you a convenient way to support your dietary changes, and bring healthy food right to your door. The new online store can be accessed by clicking “Store” at the top of Dr Wilson’s website, or by simply clicking here.
SPUD is a grocery delivery service that brings local, healthy, and sustainable food to your home. Ordering can be done easily online, and delivery is free if your order exceeds $35. Dr Wilson’s online store is different than SPUD, as she has carefully selected for foods that support specific diets, such as gluten-free or dairy-free. SPUD will even be carrying some new products that Dr Wilson has recommended.
This is a great opportunity for Dr Wilson to recommend foods for specific diets, such as Candida diet, hCG diet, gluten free, casein/dairy free, low glycemic, etc with more guidance for you, the patient. Many times, patients are given specific recommendations for a diet, but they are unsure of what foods are allowed, or what store carries these products. SPUD + Dr Wilson can help!
How to get started:
1. Go to Dr Wilson’s website and click “Store” in the top right corner, or simply click this direct link to the online store.
2. At the top of the page, click “Log-in” (if you already have an existing account with SPUD) or “Sign-up” if you are new to this service.
3. Start clicking on categories, such as “Meat & Seafood” or “Bakery” to make your food selections.
4. Once you have made a selection, click “Add to cart”.
5. Once you are done shopping, click “Proceed to Checkout” where you can review your order, and click “Complete Order”
The website is very simple and straightforward to use, and once your order has been completed, SPUD will deliver the groceries to your door step on your delivery day. You can look at all the product’s ingredients online, so you know exactly what you are getting.
If you are interested in trying out this new service, but are unsure of what it will be like to try a food-delivery service, please send an email to Dr Wilson and she can provide you with a set of coupon codes from SPUD, offering $20 off your first 4 orders so you and your family can test it out!
What to look forward to:
1. More recipes on the website, so you can try out new things such as kale chips , raw cashew cheesecake (mmm!), or and energizing green juice!
2. Pre-assembled “Quick Kits” for specific diets, to make your ordering easy. For example, a Candida Diet box or an hCG Diet box that you can order weekly, that provides you with what you need to stick to your dietary choices. To see an example, check out these other pre-assembled Quick Picks.
3. New products, specifically items that Dr Wilson recommends, to bring you more gluten-free, dairy-free, and organic options!
Dr Wilson’s Top Picks:
1. For a low-calorie (only 70Cal per serving!), gluten-free, and nutrient dense option for pasta, try Oodles wakame kelp noodles, instead of regular noodles! These noodles are great with fresh or steamed vegetables and rice vinegar or soy sauce. They can even be used on the hCG Diet.
2. A new dairy-free milk option is Sol Sunflower Seed Milk which has great flavour, and is a good alternative to those who are on a dairy-free or vegan diet. Sunflower seeds are much less allergenic than soy or nuts, so this is a great option for someone with a sensitivity to soy milk or almond milk.
3. The organic Juicing Club is a great way to get into juicing! This service offers you a new top of the line juicer, and a weekly box of organic produce for juicing. The juicer is paid for in low weekly instalments, so you don’t have to worry about paying for an expensive juicer all at once. Juicing will allow you and your family (even the kids get into this!) to consume more nutrients and antioxidants from vegetables and fruits.